I am a much bigger fan of the Slideboard/Slider lunge when compared to a traditional walking lunge.
- It is slightly more hip dominant which tends to be a little more friendly for people with knee issues (which seems like a lot of people these days).
- It seems to allow for a more explosive concentric portion to the movement, which can be important for athletes.
- It takes up very little space compared to a walking lunge ➖ you can almost do it anywhere.
- You can change the demands on the core depending on where you place the external load, goblet position or suitcase position.
- It’s probably a good progression before using a traditional walking lunge if that’s something you want to program because of the lack of deceleration with the Slideboard vs. lots of deceleration with the traditional lunge ➖ it allows people to build some tolerance before adding a much higher amount of eccentric stress 💪