Here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- This seems like common sense and something that we shouldn’t have to continually go over, but our job as strength coaches/sport performance professionals is to keep athletes healthy and improve sport performance, not produce weight room numbers.
- To piggyback on that first thought…”On field performance > Weight room numbers.” – Jason Rice (@mov_ence on Twitter)
- Got a lot of people disagreeing with this on twitter, but no exercise is worth doing if it causes pain. Not sure why that’s so hard for people to understand.
- Never compromise movement quality for strength, it’s a recipe for not-so-great things down the road.
- The body does not recognize percentages when training intensity is prescribed. It recognizes effort and perceived exertion. These variables may change daily. Use the former only as a guide when programming. – Brett Bartholomew (@coach_BrettB on Twitter).