Here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
1. In my opinion, one of the biggest issues facing strength and conditioning right now is a lack of the basics. Way too much fancy/cool looking stuff on Instagram making its way into programs.
2. You can’t fix a squat with 300lbs on your back, just like you can’t fix your car while driving it. – Gray Cook
3. Maybe the most important long term athletic development goal is to never significantly de-train foundational strength qualities during the in-season period.
4. There is a certain level of strength that is strong enough when working with athletes, a point where developing other qualities becomes much more important.
5. Sprinting is, by far, the best functional indicator. – Cal Dietz