There has been some talk about sport specific training going around social media lately. For us, I’d say close to 85-90% of what I do with various sports is essentially the same.
- Everyone sprints
- Everyone throws med balls in various planes
- Everyone performs loaded power work
- Everyone perform knee and hip dom lower body work
- Everyone performs some type of upper body push and pull
- Everyone performs “anti” core work
Our training does take into account potential issues certain sports would typically see, like shoulder issues in volleyball or hip issues in hockey, with those things making up that remaining 10-15% of our training.