Here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- I don’t know how you can improve unless you accept constructive criticism. I don’t know how you can get any better. – Bill Belichick
- Kids out here talking about being hard and tough. You want to be hard and tough? Sit in the front row of the classroom. Be early to practice, stay late. Refuse to lose any sprint or drill. Better yourself and everyone around you. Be a damn leader. That’s what hard and tough is. – @weightroomhigh on Twitter
- The best corrective exercise and coaching cue is to take some weight off the bar. – Mike Boyle
- The most effective people, in any field, continually ask ‘What can I do better?’
- The weight room should be an environment where athletes should want to come back to, not have to come back to.