Here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- Strength and conditioning is about giving the athletes the physical tools to be successful at their sport as well as keeping them healthy. Any exercise that doesn’t help accomplish one of those two goals probably doesn’t need to be in the program.
- Whatever you do, do it well. Do it so well that when people see you do it they will want to come back and see you do it again and they will want to bring others and show them how well you do what you do. – Walt Disney
- When you make the decision to be ruthlessly consistent regardless of whether or not you’re motivated…that’s when you’ll succeed beyond your wildest dreams. – Jordan Syatt (@SyattFitness on Twitter)
- No one pretends to be a Doctor or Lawyer, but everyone thinks they can coach. – Anthony Donskov (@AnthonyDonskov on Twitter)
- Great coaches don’t seek to control complex environments, they seek to adapt to them. – Brett Bartholomew (@Coach_BrettB on Twitter)