Happy last Monday of 2019!
Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- If there is one thing that i could get people to do more in 2020 it would be to sleep. Sleep is without a doubt the best performance enhancing ‘drug’ out there for athletes and the general population, and it’s free. If you aren’t getting your 7-9 hours a night, you are potentially leaving some performance/health on the table.
- Train as much as necessary, not as much as possible. Many think they need to do the most, when the best (and a little less) will do. Chase the absolute highest quality of work, not the absolute highest volume of work. – Jonathan Marcus (@jmarpdx on Twitter)
- Being someone who has worked in hockey for many years, I think the more hip extension work we can get into their programs the better. They LIVE in a flexed hip position and giving them more of what they don’t get is huge for both long and short term hip health.
- Athletes don’t lift for any other reason then to stay healthy and have it carryover to sport.
- If you are comfortable, you aren’t growing.
Have a great week and Happy New Year!