As 2019 comes to and end, I figured I would go back and highlight some of the most popular content over the last year.
In this installment, we will look at the most popular articles of the past year (based on the most traffic) according to the analytics.
- How We Program Isometrics – Isometric work doesn’t make up a huge part of our program, but we do use both overcoming isometrics, yielding isometrics and long duration isometrics from time to time.
- Top 5 Things I’ve Learned in 10 Years as a Strength Coach – 10 years down, which is crazy to think about. I’ve learned a lot over that time and these are really just the tip of the iceberg. Hopefully I’ll continue to learn more and more as my career progresses.
- Lower Body Training: Unilateral vs. Bilateral – I am at a point in my career where we do very little bilateral lower body strength work. We Trap Bar Deadlift, but other then that, its a lot of uni-lateral work.
- Volleyball Training Tip Day 11: Why We Sprint – I think max effort sprinting is extremely beneficial for all athletes, not just sprinters. I perform them with just about everyone, including volleyball.
- Why We Don’t Bench Press as Often as We Used To – I still stand by this. As of this writing, we haven’t used a barbell to press in quite some time. We floor press with a neutral bar because we feel it is slightly safer then the straight bar.
Glad you all found these articles helpful and insightful. I hope you all learn as much from me as I do from you all. Thanks for the support!