Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- Something I think strength coaches need to keep in mind is the fact that stress is stress. Whether that stress comes from sport, the weight room or another outside source. It all adds up and it all creates wear and tear on the athlete.
- A lot of times I really think we over-think this strength and conditioning stuff. If all you were to do was get people to move better, move a little stronger, and have pretty good conditioning, you’ll probably be alright.
- The goal of strength and conditioning should be to develop athletes that are resilient enough to deal with the stressors of their sport. – Charlie Weingroff (@CWagon75 on Twitter)
- If you committed to reading more then most other coaches, you’d find yourself be better then most other coaches faster then you’d imagine.
- Its not about the intensity of training, its about the regularity and psychology. – Kevin Carr in Anthony Renna’s book Be Like The Best