Happy Monday and MLK Day!
Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- I think a lot of people in the world of strength and conditioning or sports performance make this stuff way more difficult and complicated then what it needs to be. The vast majority of what we do on a daily is and should be simple.
- With so much quality information out there, it won’t be lack of knowledge that holds coaches back. The biggest reason coaches won’t succeed in this field will be arrogance and ego, the unwillingness to change and adapt as the field does.
- A positive mind is a competitive advantage. – Justin Su’a (@JustinSua on Twitter).
- Just an opinion, but it seems like most coaches in our field base a lot of their continuing education and who they follow on finding validation for what they are doing instead of looking at what the best coaches are doing and trying to apply it to their situation.
- Smart training is injury prevention.