Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
1. Exercise is just like medicine. We want to find the minimal dose that will allow us to get the maximal benefit.
2. My best skill was that I was coachable. I was a sponge and aggressive to learn. – Michael Jordan
3. Training intensity is much more important than training volume.
4. The greatest gains in speed/acceleration will come from max effort sprinting. If you want to be fast, you have to sprint…regularly.
5. If you are training for maintenance in-season, you are going to fall off by the end of the year. The best way to get strong over the course of a four year college career is to not get weak in-season.