Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
1. The top 3 performance enhancing supplements on the market are; 8 hours of sleep, real food, and water. – Alan Bishop (@CoachAlanBishop on Twitter)
2. There is no such thing as a perfect strength program, but I think it is a really good idea to surround yourself with people who are trying to figure it out.
3. One of the greatest killers to the CNS is volume. Nothing will tank an athlete’s physiology and motivation more than a poorly designed high volume program. – Tony Holler (@pntrack on Twitter)
4. Sometimes I think we forget this, but our jobs as strength and conditioning coaches is to protect the athlete…do everything we can to make sure they don’t get hurt in either the weight room or in sport.
5. Big and strong doesn’t really do much if you don’t move well. Movement is and always will be the foundation.