Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
1. I think as strength coaches our goal should be to get athletes as strong as they need to be to perform well in their sport, not necessarily get them as strong as they can be. Those are two totally different things.
2. Besides the obvious of improving acceleration, max effort sprinting can also be a potentiating exercise for things to come in the weight room.
3. If breathing isn’t normalized no other movement pattern can be. – Karl Lewitt
4. Life becomes a lot better when you stop thinking about what other people think. Play your own game. – Shane Parrish (@ShaneAParrish on Twitter)
5. To be a great strength coach or personal trainer, you need to enjoy being around other people.