Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
1. Coaching 101: Praise loudly, correct privately.
2. If your goal is to run, swing, or throw as a career, you damn well better prioritize lunging over squatting in your program. – Dr. Josh Heenan (@drjoshheenan on Twitter)
3. Two things that I know work in strength and conditioning: simplicity and consistency.
4. Good plyometric should be seen not heard. Bad plyometric are heard and seen. – Michael Boyle (@mboyle1959 on Twitter)
5. Exercise is a phenomenal and under-utilized anti-depressant.