Happy Monday! I hope everyone is well in these tough times.
Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
1. Most team sports are all about acceleration. Sprint. Often.
2. I am convinced that some coaches are making up exercises just to get more likes on social media.
3. To all the athletes whose seasons have ended or been cut short due to the #coronavirus, hear this: Be so proud of all the hard work, effort, pain & self-discipline it took. All the hours & days you spent getting better. You embraced the journey and you won. —Be proud of that! – Allistair McCaw (@AllistairMcCaw on Twitter)
4. If you want to be a great strength coach, be enjoyable to be around.
5. The point of strength & conditioning/sport performance training is to develop faster, stronger, more resilient athletes. It has nothing to do with making them sore and sweaty.