Happy Monday! I hope everyone is getting through these tough times.
Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
1. Coaching tip: Never sacrifice movement for weight. Nail down movement, then add some weight.
2. Bad teams, no one leads. Average teams, coaches lead. But elite teams, players lead. – PJ Fleck
3. I know this isn’t something most strength coaches want to hear, but what we do in the weight room is accessory work. The sport is the main course.
4. The best performance enhancing supplement? 8+ hours of sleep…and it’s free.
5. There is no ability that an athlete can have that’s more important than availability.