Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
1. Strength training isn’t just about how you look in the mirror. It’s about Improving your health so that you can live both longer and better.
2. When your best players are working harder than everyone else, and holding others accountable, that’s a winning culture.
3. Never confuse education with intelligence, you can have a PhD and still be an idiot. – Richard Feynman
4. There is a huge protective aspect to strength training. In a lot of ways, the stronger you are the healthier you’ll be (assuming you aren’t hurting yourself training).
5. Exercises that an athlete HAS to do? None, not a single one. If an athlete doesn’t have the movement capabilities to perform a movement correctly or the movement causes pain, don’t do it. Nothing is that important.