Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
1. Caring. Still the best coaching strategy you can have.
2. If you want to be average, do things in an average way every day. If you want to be great, do things in a great way every day. It’s really just that simple. Average never equals greatness. – Bob Shipley (@RobertShipley2 on Twitter)
3. There are no athletes that wouldn’t benefit from regular max effort sprinting.
4. If you want to teach someone to perfect the squat pattern, start with teaching them how to goblet squat. Progress from there.
5. When you become more concerned with your athletes success than your own success, you’re probably a pretty good coach.