Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
1. Stop looking on social media for the new crazy exercise of the week. No matter what your training goals are, the basics should be making up the majority of your program.
2. Using crunches to improve your core is the equivalent of doing finger exercises to become a better piano player. – Gerry DeFillipo (@Challenger_ST on Twitter)
3. Most of the athletes we work with aren’t interested in their squats or bench presses. What they are interested in is their sport and being healthy enough to play it. Try not to forget what’s important to them.
4. You may blame your lack of athletic ability on genetics – you can’t control that. But two things you can all control are ATTITUDE & EFFORT. – Bob Shipley (@RobertShipley2 on Twitter)
5. Fatigue is not the goal, adaptation is the goal.