Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
1. Stop looking on social media for the new crazy exercise of the week. No matter what your training goals are, the basics should be making up the majority of your program.
2. Soup can curls and water bottle flies won’t create or even maintain adaptation…but there’s one thing that will. Sprinting! Arguably the hardest quality to maintain without doing but easiest to develop without equipment. – Zach Dechant (@ZachDechant on Twitter)
3. If you put more effort into your relationship with your athletes than you do worrying about their programming.. you’ll get better results. – Zach Houghton (@Houghtz on Twitter)
4. You won’t achieve much if you only work hard on the days you feel good. – Justin Su’a (@JustinSua on Twitter)
5. Great coaches don’t think “we’re doing good”. Instead, they continually ask “what can we do better?”