Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
1. Slow cook athletes. Once you realize that training athletes is a long term process, you realize there is no reason to rush things.
2. Most of the time, you can’t change the people around you, but you can change the people around you. Surround yourself with people who support, lift and push you to be a better version of yourself, in return, support, lift and push them. – Jorge Carvajal (@carvperformance on Twitter)
3. As the years go by, my programs seem to be getting more and more simple.
4. The secret to success isn’t a secret at all. It’s discipline. Discipline is developed when get clear about what you want, decide to pay the price necessary to get it and resolve to give up whatever hinders your mission. – Bob Shipley (@RobertShipley2 on Twitter)
5. Lift heavy on basic movements, sprint, practice your sport, be a good teammate, listen to your coach. Quit looking for gimmicks. – John Cissik (@jcissik on Twitter)