Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
1. The only people that made a player was his parents. – Al Vermeil
2. The most basic program that is executed extremely well is better then the “cutting edge” program not executed well.
3. People that become great at anything are the same people who are able to deal with the boredom of doing the same things over and over again. You gotta put in the reps.
4. The average players want to be left alone. The good players want to be coached. The great players want to be told the truth. – Doc Rivers
5. As athletes slowly start making their way back into the weight room, here is a novel idea for strength coaches – do less.