Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
1. Avoiding injury in the weight room is mandatory. Brute/absolute strength tests probably aren’t.
2. If you still believe everything you believed 10 years ago, you aren’t growing.
3. The most dangerous phrase in the language is “we’ve always done it this way.” – Admiral Grace Hopper
4. There are a TON of exercises I would program before crunches, sit ups and Russian twists. Things like rollouts, body saws, anti-rotation presses and holds, loaded carries, etc. all make the list.
5. The most successful people in the world, in any field, never stop learning. Ever. That includes strength coaches and personal trainers.
Also, in case you missed it, I launched Train With Craig, a monthly strength training program open to anyone!
Train With Craig consists of 3 strength training workouts a week along with 1 circuit, videos for all the exercises in the program, alternatives for all the exercises in the program, all for just $19 a month!