Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- Often times I hear coaches say that they have paid their dues because they have a degree, certifications and been to a few clinics. That’s called being qualified. Now you need to be qualified with some experience.
- What’s one of the biggest changes in our program the last 12-18 months? Core work from the ‘Bear’ position. Planks. Shoulder Taps. Body Saws. Kettlebell Drags. Rows. Do yourself a favor and try some of them out…they are a lot harder than they look.
- Training everyone like a track athlete checks a lot of boxes. Speed kills in almost all sports.
- If you feel like you have it all figured out, you aren’t growing.
- Avoiding injury in the weight room is mandatory. Brute/absolute strength tests probably aren’t.