Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- Sometimes more load isn’t always the answer. Add some tempo, whether that be eccentric work, isometric work, or a combo of the two. You can absolutely get stronger without always adding more load.
2. As a coach, you win by creating long term relationships.
3. Strength training should always aid sporting performance, never take away from it! Not being able to walk for 3 days after a strength session, means that an athlete can’t practice their sport properly for 3 days! Is that aiding sporting performance? – Ben Griffin (@CoachGriff88 on Twitter)
4. As soon as you consider yourself an expert, you stop asking questions. When you stop ask questions, you probably stop growing.
5. A master never stops learning.