Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- Pain, in any exercise or movement, is not normal.
2. Just because its “always been done this way” doesn’t mean it’s a good training modality or a modality you should use. A lot of the things the world of strength and conditioning did 10 years ago we have found out may not be great.
3. I put out so much information/what we do because I wish somebody would’ve gave it to me when I was younger. I became the person I wish I had.
4. Sometimes the best thing you can do as a coach is shut up and get out of the way.
5. Effective coaching emphasizes strengths and abilities, not weaknesses and disabilities.