Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- Smart people use simple language. They change their minds. They stay teachable. They ask questions to get clarity and understanding. Do yourself a favor and be a smart person.
2. Sport coaches and strength coaches: minimal effective dose is a concept that will be important to learn and utilize as we return to sport and the weight room this fall. Don’t burn the cake. – Justin Smith (@JustinSmithUVM on Twitter)
3. If you want the best results possible, the weight room needs to be a fun, positive atmosphere.
4. Physiology and biomechanics can not be separated from psychology. There is absolutely an art to coaching.
5. When done correctly, there may be no better corrective exercise than proper strength training.