Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a thousand times — power is plane specific. We perform traditional power development work like Hang Cleans and Jump Squats, but if you are looking to develop rotational power, you have to actually train it.
- If you still believe what you believed 10 years ago, you aren’t growing.
- Sprinting regularly + getting stronger = improved speed.
- Strength and conditioning should help sport performance, not take away from it.
- I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I’m going to learn, I must do it by listening. – Larry King