Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- Volleyball players tend to have some cranky shoulders as many of them go through tons of arm swings over the course of their careers Instead of the standard Bench Press, I would highly recommend making the Landmine Press the go-to pressing movement for overhead athletes.
- Everyone has an idea, what sets people apart is execution. – Shane Parrish (@ShaneAParrish on Twitter)
- For long term knee/lower body health, teach athletes how to jump and land on both one and two legs, and do so in various planes.
- I wish more people understood how important sleep is to performance. – Squat University
- Bilateral + Sagittal = everybody’s default in the weight room… Bilateral + Sagittal = (almost) nobody’s default on the playing field, ring, cage, mat, mountain, board, or boat. – Jason Rice (@gojrice on Twitter).