Happy Monday and Happy Labor Day!
Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- A great coach knows what to leave OUT of a program.
- Train strength, don’t test it.
- Training adults/general fitness clients? Don’t overthink it. Keep it simple and hit each fundamental movement patterns each time they come in.
- Many people judge a trainer by: – How fit they are – Who they train Things that don’t make you a good trainer: – How fit you are – Who you train What really makes you a good trainer: Can you get your clients to feel better, move better, and get to their specific goals. – Ben Bruno (@BenBruno1 on Twitter)
- Shorter lifters w/ good leverages swear by classic barbell lifts. Thinner, leaner lifters believe bodyweight exercises are all you need. They’re biased towards what’s worked for them. What’s important is to hammer the basics w/ the right tools that fit your unique structure. – Scott Hansen (@ScottHansen174 on Twitter)