Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- If you needed gas in your car but only had enough to fill it half way, would you? Obviously. The same thought process should go for workouts. If you don’t have time for a full workout, a quick 15-20 minute workout is better than nothing.
- Just a friendly reminder… Carbs don’t make you fat. Consuming too many calories, whether that be from carbs, protein or fat, makes you fat.
- Coaching 101: Actually care about the people you work with.
- Prioritize your health. You don’t really have much if you don’t have health.
- Bench pressing with a bar bothers my shoulder. So I don’t do it. I Landmine Press. I do Push Ups. I use a lot of dumbbells. And my shoulders don’t bother me at all. Point is. Stop doing things that hurt. There are always alternative exercises you can use.