Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- Training semantics? Maybe, but so many people mess this up. if you stay stationary, it’s not a lunge, it’s a split squat. If you are moving, it’s a lunge, not a split squat. Example: Rear Foot Elevated Split Squat is stationary, a reverse lunge is moving.
- It blows my mind to see how upset some coaches get when you (or other coaches) don’t like the same exercise(a) as them.
- The future is scary to people who have become too comfortable in the present.
- Sustained culture > sustained success.
- Culture drives expectations and beliefs; expectations and beliefs drive behavior; behavior drives habit; and habits create the future. It all starts with habit. – Jon Gordon
Additionally, don’t forget that my new book, Functional Core Training, is now out. In it you can find EVERYTHING you could think about when it comes to core training, with videos of every single exercise.
You can grab a copy HERE!