Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- Good strength coaches don’t just tell athletes what to do, they tell them why they should do it and how it will benefit them.
- One athlete performs a bench press with a barbell One athlete performs a bench press with DB’s When they meet in sport would you be able to tell which athlete did which lift? Not a chance! As long as they are both strong and healthy, no one should care how they got strong.
- Something that blows peoples minds. You don’t need to train 5-6x a week to reach your fitness goals. Training 3-4x a week is excellent goal to shoot for. Less is sometimes more.
- My favorite test with athletes? The ‘did they play the entire season healthy?’ test.
- Do the movement correctly. Then, and only then, think about adding some load.