Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- Exercise is just like medicine. We want to find the minimal effective dose that will allow for the maximal benefit.
- Coaching hack: make the weight room as fun as you possible can so that athletes actually want to be there.
- Training intensity is far more important than training volume.
- If what we are doing in the weight room is taking away from the sport, then what we are doing in the weight is wrong.
- Our goal as strength coaches should be to train as little as possible while still getting the adaptations were after.