Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- Athletes train to be better AND available on game day.
- At some point, more and more strength isn’t going to help an athlete be any more successful in their sport.
- The goal of strength and conditioning should be to develop athletes that are resilient enough to deal with the stressors of their sport. – Charlie Weingroff
- Just because you may be able to lift more external load with one exercise compared to another, doesn’t mean the one with more external load is better.
- One thing I’ve noticed as I’ve spent more time training female athlete…they almost always underestimate their capabilities. Show them what they are capable of and watch their confidence skyrocket.