Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- Building the engine is important and essential to sport performance, but don’t forget to develop a good set of brakes to match the engine.
- Especially in-season, a strength coach should think of themselves as stress managers, strategically knowing when to push and when to back off. In the playoffs when it ultimately matters, healthy teams win.
- If you train patterns you won’t miss muscles, if you train muscles you will miss patterns. – EXOS
- Closing in on 15 years of coaching and one thing I know is true; Great coaches aren’t the ones that know the most, they are the ones that care the most.
- Bilateral exercise may not carry over to real world performance as well as we think. – Eric Cressey