Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- I agree that programming needs to be evidence based, but what it really needs is to be common sense driven.
- Teaching is coaching, and coaching is teaching.
- It’s rare to see a great strength coach that doesn’t do a great job connecting with athletes on an emotional/personal level. The good ones realize its more than sets and reps.
- In strength and conditioning, if you wait for the research to prove something, you’ll probably be behind. A lot of the great coaches are ahead of the research.
- Rehab is about finding pain free exercises and introducing progressive resistance. – Mike Boyle