Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- The #1 factor in determining whether a training program will work is belief. If you don’t have buy-in, its not going to work.
- Never have I had a workout I regretted, but plenty I didn’t want to do. The trick is ignoring that voice in your head that is trying to talk you into skipping it.
- Health drives performance.
- How I train athletes varies very little from sport to sport. I follow the same guidelines/principles no matter who I’m working with. What differs are the exercises we use to accomplish those guidelines.
- Quality in the weight room leads to quality in sport.