I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- The biggest KPI for any sport? Health.
- Failing to train 1-Leg strength in a meaningful way is one of the biggest mistakes a performance coach can make.
- Want to get faster? One, get stronger so you can apply more force to the ground. Two, practice getting faster by max effort sprinting a couple times a week.
- It’s hard to not see the value in max effort sprinting for virtually every single sport. Something as simple as 2-3 Timed 10’s 1-3x a week can be extremely beneficial.
- If max strength was really the end all be all, then power lifters would dominate sports. They don’t. Strength is absolutely important. But, there is way more to it then max strength numbers.
Have a great week!