I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- Especially in-season, a strength coach should think of themselves as stress managers, strategically knowing when to push and when to back off. In the playoffs when it ultimately matters, healthy teams win.
- Small dogs live longer. There is no good reason (outside of livelihood) to be big and bulky, both muscle or fat. Lean and athletic is considerably better for your health.
- All the recovery stuff in the world won’t make a bit of difference if sleep and nutrition aren’t in order.
- I think without a doubt, push ups are the most under-utilized/under-appreciated exercise in strength & conditioning, especially in female populations.
- Can we prevent ACL tears? No. Can we significantly reduce them with proper training? Yes. Deceleration, landing mechanics, change of direction, and 1-leg strength are all key.
Have a great day!