I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- Most athletes think training hard day after day is the recipe for success. But the real recipe for success is training hard and recovering harder.
- We, as a profession, make strength programs way more complicated than they need to be. Power work, push, pull, hinge, squat, carry things, core.
- I’ve recently had a couple guys tell me they want to train but not hard because they don’t want to get too big or bulky. For majority of people, that’s not a concern. It takes a lot of time to get to that state. It’s the last thing I would worry about.
- Missed a workout? Nail the next one. Had a ‘bad’ meal? Make the next one healthy. Make a rule to never miss twice.
- Anyone looking for some cutting edge science to improve their performance that isn’t averaging ~8 hours of sleep should start there.