I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- Obesity and metabolic disease have consistently been rising, largely due to access to easy calories and excess caloric intake. It has nothing to do with a single macronutrient (like carbs or fats).
- Why do I advocate people track calories at least for a period of time? Because it helps people better understand portion sizes, which helps people realize how much food they are actually consuming.
- Why do low carb diets work? They reduce peoples caloric intake and put people in a calorie deficit. People end up burning more calories than they consume. It’s not because there is something magical about restricting carbs.
- The research is clear: physically active people who exercise regularly, burn roughly the same amount of calories daily as people who are much more sedentary. Exercise for health. Nutrition for body composition.
- The best exercise for great abs? Consistently being in a calorie deficit.
Have a great week!