I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Like every other Monday, here are a few thoughts bouncing around in my head after a week of reading, podcasts, cruising social media and any other continuing ed.
- In my opinion, any fitness plan that doesn’t include strength training is a flawed fitness plan. There are so many benefits to strength training that I think it’s a huge oversight if strength training is left out of the plan…no matter how old someone is.
- Want people in your life to become healthier and more active? Be an example. Model the behavior that you want to see in others. That’ll go a lot further than harping on them and begging them to become healthier or take their health more seriously.
- We can all agree that one day of eating in a calorie deficit and crushing a workout won’t make us lean and jacked. Then why do we get worried and think that one day of overeating or missing a workout is going to mess up all our progress?
- My goal…to become a 90 year old that functions like a 70 year old…or a 80 year old that functions like a 60 year old. Something like that. You get the point.
- Want to hit your health and fitness goals? Keep things simple. Hammer the basics. Do it consistently.